- 12 month contract, onsite preferred Seattle will consider “ideal” remote candidates
SAS Programmer to design, develop, evaluate and modify SAS programs to analyze and evaluate clinical data. A clinical SAS Programmer recognizes inconsistencies and initiates resolution of data problems, implements statistical analysis plans designed to meet project and protocol deadlines; provides expertise in the design and development of clinical trials, protocols and case report forms and acts as a liaison between clinical management and project teams as needed.
- Develop and validate SAS® programs to produce high quality deliverables within set timelines in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
- The deliverables include datasets, tables, listings and figures. Review and provide feedback on deliverables from other clinical groups including but not limited to: statistical analysis plans; table, listing, and figure shells; data management plans; data transfer plans; Safety Report Specification; electronic data entry screens; and case report forms.
- Clear and proactive communication with Study / Project teams to clarify requirements and specifications, update others on assignment status, and to convey data irregularities.
- Provide active support on planned initiatives that facilitate infrastructure and process enhancements within Biometrics.
- Provide support for ongoing regulatory and safety reporting. Train and mentor junior programmers.
- Write, test, and assist with the standardization of programs and utilities up to the departmental level. Write requirements and specifications with consideration of cross-protocol consistency, participate in the creation of study level documentation, and assist with the setup of new studies.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory and company standards at the protocol level.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. A graduate degree in a related field is preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in software development and/or programming required. Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale projects from end-to-end.
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment.
- Positive attitude and an ability to creatively use programming skills across variety of tasks in the Clinical Programming area.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Experience with oncology clinical studies.
- Experience with additional programming languages and tools such as S-Plus, R, SPSS, Perl, VBA, MS Access, MS Excel, and SQL that interface with SAS.
- Experience implementing CDISC standards (SDTM and ADaM datasets).
- Experience with regulatory submissions (e.g. BLA, NDA, NDS, MAA, etc.)