Remote, Direct-Hire opportunity with a leading medical technology company in the health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) discipline
The HEOR/RWE Associate Director must lead both HEOR and Real World Evidence studies. This individual will have a solid background in developing strong technical studies as well as overseeing multiple projects. They will be responsible for the management of all existing and future studies by leading a strong growth client base to enhance utilization of services and provide strategic direction to client for new and existing studies. They will work with senior management and help drive execution and completion of studies in a timely and profitable manner. They will be responsible for putting in place the tools required of a strong customer and market driving analysis management organization with clear business objectives and rationales as well as a strong product and execution discipline. They will be an experienced leader able to develop, mentor, and motivate their own organization. This position builds relationships with and influences varying levels of internal and external stakeholders and requires a strong team-focused approach with direct interactions with senior executives, customers, and often requires internal and external presentations.
Demonstrated business acumen, customer focus, and strong track record of leading teams having successfully managed HEOR and RWE studies and services are essential to the success of this position. The Associate Director is expected to have expert knowledge which includes having a track record of excellence in peer-reviewed publications that demonstrate creative application of statistical and analytical thinking in developing study designs to uncover unique insights from data. Experience working in multiple types of government and commercial databases, such as claims and EMR, with a knowledge of data-structures and the limitations of various types of databases is essential for providing technical leadership. Accomplished leadership would include coaching and training in technical and consulting roles for all team members, while being comfortable managing the business interface internally with finance and business development, and externally with customers. The Associate Director must be able to “think outside the box” in providing new ideas and perspectives as a consultant to customers that should include being able to create new approaches in developing proposals to meet customer requirements. This connecting the dots for customers in terms of value messaging, research questions, and publication planning.
Purpose of Role:
The Associate Director role is responsible for managing multiple consulting projects of varying complexity and ensures on-time and on-budget delivery for clients in the pharmaceutical or related industries.
In addition, contributes to new business development and maintaining and strengthening client base. The potential candidate needs to have outstanding project management, advance leadership and customer service skills, be well spoken and have excellent follow through.
Main Responsibilities/Critical Tasks
- Lead the development and implementation of health economics and outcomes research in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders. The role includes generating evidence in support of customer value propositions and overseeing completion of projects, including reports, posters and manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication.
- Direct implementation of tactical planning activities required to achieve research strategic objectives (e.g., preparation of literature reviews, design and evaluation of clinical research studies, selection of appropriate statistical methods, algorithms, and most informative patient data sources in consultation with customer).
- Implement appropriate training for research team to fill gaps in technical and consultative skills required to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Lead development and communication of study/research results through conference abstracts/presentations and peer-reviewed published manuscripts.
- Build relationships with data vendors and technology team in identifying new datasets and become a subject matter expert in identifying appropriate data structures for addressing the various types of research questions being addressed in retrospective studies.
- Serve as HEOR thought leader for webinars, newsletters, and meeting panels.
- Manages project teams including both internal and external resources in the design, development and delivery of client solutions.
- Provides coaching and direction to Consultants across multiple projects at any given time.
- Leads teams to review and analyze client requirements or challenges and develops estimates associated with proposals that ensure profitability and high client satisfaction with limited if any senior management input.
- Develops project plan with timelines and deliverables and leads project to successful completion, on-time and on-budget, from start to finish with little senior management guidance.
- Recommends improvements and alternative solutions to resolve problems. Serves as key point of contact with client.
- Provides high level input to, and ensures the development of, client reports and presentations and delivers all or significant portions of findings to client.
- Develops and/or elevates new business opportunities through the identification of follow-on work and new leads.
- Manages multiple external data sets (client data, vendor data) and incorporates into deliverables
- Proactively continues to strengthen subject matter expertise through on the job experience, participation in conferences and symposiums and other forums for professional knowledge sharing.
- Serve as the lead liaison to internal and external clients, ensures effective resource allocation and resolves issues
- Contributes to internal monthly projects meeting with all manager, directors, VPs, and CEO.
- Provides input in external pre-proposal, capabilities meetings, and external meetings on large scale research projects
- Provides guidance and direction to team members to ensure departmental and client project goals are met
- Provides follow-up with client after project deliverables have been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Develops ideas and presents at conferences to generate new business
- Ensures repeat business from existing clients
- Manage activities and supervise employees who report to the role, including but not limited to: Interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employees; addressing complaint and resolving problems
- Perform job duties independently
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills, including advanced statistical modeling and understanding SAS programming requirements to meet requirements tied to study designs
- Demonstrated ability to work in different types of datasets, analyze data tied to study designs, and interpret results in the context of peer reviewed publications
- Strong record of research publications, particularly in high impact journals or poster/conference presentations
- Experience in managing resources and driving implementation involving teams of programmers, analysts, and project managers to meet contract deliverables of customer projects
- Exceptional leadership skills with experience in mentoring and training teams
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in working with both internal technical teams and customers
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions independently and to work in a fast-paced matrix environment with minimal supervision.
- Deep knowledge and experience in developing study design and the application of statistical methods to solving problems in the pharmaceutical industry to close evidence gaps and enable internal and external decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills for coaching and mentoring team members.
- Works willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals and is effective working in a matrix environment.
- Experienced with developing consultative relationships with senior level managers and executives at clients in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, juggle priorities and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
- Excellent presentation, communication and client influencing skills.
- Has established network and referral contacts.
- Possesses the necessary subject matter expertise and project management skills to effectively manage projects across more than one practice area.
Experience, Education & Certifications Preferred
- Master’s degree with 5-8 years of related experience including consulting and pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry experience.
- Possesses demonstrated expertise in one or more practice areas.
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills and client influencing and relationship building skills.
- Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to lead a team to create and articulate a strong product vision and strategy and carry it all the way to tactical planning and successful execution in a dynamic healthcare market
- Demonstrated experience managing and commercializing complex products and solutions in the payer, employer and provider markets and Health Economic Research
- Demonstrated strong people management and influencing skills with proven ability and enthusiasm to lead, motivate, inspire, develop, and encourage people, from C-level suite to individual contributors in multiple functional areas
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed