Remote, Direct-Hire opportunity with a leading medical technology company in the health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) discipline
This individual will mentor the programming team in conducting analyses and research to produce results and identify solutions to provide support for project analytics. They will also provide quality control across all phases of the analytic phase of our projects including data validation, review of programming code and assessment of results in conjunction with the project manager and other members of the project team. The Manager, Statistical Analytics/Programming should also have a deep understanding of RWE/HEOR studies (which will also include payer analytics tools such as input to RCT & RWE design & analyses, meta-analyses, predictive analytics, statistical comparisons and indirect and mixed treatment comparisons) and its application throughout development process as well as having expert level skills in the SAS statistical programming language.
Purpose of Role
The Manager of Statistical Analytics/Programming will be responsible for supporting our research by providing oversight over the generation of scientific evidence and support publications for our pharmaceutical clients.
Main Responsibilities / Critical tasks
- Provide support to the programming team, lead scientists and other staff throughout the project life cycle
- Extensive knowledge of various healthcare datasets and data types including claims, EMR, etc.
- Proactively address complex analytical issues. Handle unforeseen circumstances and actively monitor and apply new analytical techniques
- Interact with cross-functional team members at a project level.
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance, and coaching for statistical programmers in all aspects of customer projects, including having ultimate responsibility for the quality of the finished product.
- Develop analytic approaches in alignment with key internal stakeholders that address data gaps.
- Collaborate with medical writers and project managers to provide RWE input on manuscripts and other similar deliverables and review RWE -related publications for technical accuracy and quality of technical literature review
- Review deliverables from the programming team for accuracy
- Work to proactively address potential issues or concerns related to analytic deliverables
- Work with the data manager to develop best practices and guidelines for the programming team and assist in enforcement of these guidelines
- Assist to define and provide appropriate levels of professional development and training for staff.
- Accountable for operations including staffing and ensuring a balanced workload on their team
- Provide guidance to the project lead, research analysts and clients on analytic approaches that are appropriate to project work as needed
- Ensure quality control is maintained and that project materials such as programming code, analytic files and SAS logs are properly archived
- Training and mentorship for junior level staff and evaluation of staff performance
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills, including advanced statistical modeling and understanding SAS programming requirements to meet requirements tied to study designs
- Demonstrated ability to work in different types of datasets, analyze data tied to study designs, and interpret results in the context of peer reviewed publications
- Experience in managing resources and driving implementation of the analytic portion of project study designs
- Exceptional leadership skills with experience in mentoring and training teams
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in working with both internal and external technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions independently and to work in a fast-paced matrix environment with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills for coaching and mentoring team members
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Strong organizational skills
- Expert knowledge of healthcare data and methods of data manipulation and analysis
Experience, Education & Certifications
- Master's Degree in any of the following fields: Biostatistics/Statistics, Epidemiology, Health & Outcomes Research, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Administration, Public Health, or Economics or a similar degree and at least 3 years’ experience in the healthcare industry
- Expert knowledge of SAS and R (preferably SAS certified)
- Experience with multiple healthcare data sources
- At least 2 years’ experience managing personnel in healthcare consultancy and experience tracking staff utilization
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed