Remote, 18-month initial contract, long-term opportunity
The Statistical Programmers play a key role in support of real-world research projects. They are responsible for ensuring efficiency, timeliness and quality of deliverables of statistical analytical files and analysis.
As an experienced Statistical Programmer
- Uses SQL, SAS, or other programming skills to create analytical datasets from health care claims, electronic health record, surveys, and other data sources by following protocols and statistical analysis plans.
- Constructs outcome measures and other analytical variables through data cleaning and data manipulation.
- Generates descriptive tables, figures, etc. based on desired format using SAS and analytical reports.
- Applies technical and analytical expertise to develop and implement solutions for use on claims or EHR projects leading to increased efficiency and quality.
- May develop standard macros using SAS for frequently used programs/based on the team’s requirement; document and manage library of source codes and algorithms for internal use
- May use macros and advanced techniques to combine data from different data sources and databases.
- Collaborates effectively with other statistical programmers and Real World Researchers and possibly cross-functional team members and counterparts to achieve project goals.
- Ensures continued compliance with required company and departmental training, time reporting and other business/operational processes as required for position.
- May contribute to departmental innovation and process improvement projects.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with competing priorities and a strong commitment to meeting goals and deadlines
Bachelor’s degree or higher and/or equivalent in quantitative sciences (mathematics, statistics, economics, etc.), data science/analytics, public health, or other relevant scientific field (or equivalent theoretical/ technical depth).
Experience and Skills:
- Approximately 2+ years programming experience with increasing responsibility, preferably in a pharmaceutical, consulting, clinical or academic environment.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant statistical programming languages including SAS (required), SQL (required), other relevant programming languages (e.g. R, Python etc. preferred), and data structures.
- Required working experience and knowledge with claims, EHR, registries, survey data.
- Strong understanding and experience in resolving data issues with a logical, instinctive, and problem-solving mentality working with large, complex and incomplete data sources.
- Demonstrated experience planning and coordinating programming activities.
- Demonstrated detail-oriented problem solving, analytical reasoning and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional stakeholder and teams.
- Basic project management skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in IT and business environments; ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of applying statistics and epidemiology on RWD is preferred.
- Experience of creating customized analytic tools (e.g., SAS Macros) is preferred.
- Experience of populating complex tables and creating customized figures is preferred.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed