Senior Programmer – Oncology
The senior programmer will be responsible for manipulating large databases and generating reports to enable analysts to explore real world healthcare data assets. Candidates must have excellent SAS and SQL programming skills and the ability to implement complex logic. Candidates must be comfortable with creating complex analysis data sets derived from various data sources with a careful eye for outliers and errors. Prior experience building patient cohorts and evaluating patient healthcare events in large databases and using observational research methods such as epidemiology and statistical methods is strongly desired.
Strong communication, time management, enthusiasm and documentation skills are essential in this home-based position.
• Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or other subject with high statistical content
• Minimum four years SAS statistical programming experience
• Database programming using SQL
• Experience with advanced statistical methods such as survival and regression
• Experience with real world healthcare data such as MarketScan, Optum, EMR, PharMetrics, and/or Medicare databases. Candidates who only have experience with smaller research type analytic data will not be considered.
• Experience with Oncology EMR databases such as Flatiron or McKesson
• Training or experience using the OMOP common data model
• Training or experience with R, Databricks, Spark SQL or Python
• Pharmaceutical industry experience
• Training or experience in epidemiological methods
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed