– Long-term, remote, FSP support role:
The senior programmer position will be responsible for manipulating large databases and generating reports using SAS to enable analysts to explore real world healthcare data assets. Candidates must have excellent SAS programming skills and the ability to implement complex data step logic. Candidates must be comfortable with creating complex analysis data sets derived from various data sources with a careful eye for outliers and errors. Prior experience building patient cohorts and evaluating patient healthcare events in large databases (millions of records) and using observational research methods such as epidemiology and statistical methods is required. Experience in designing and building standard reporting packages and analysis tools also highly desired.
Strong communication, time management, enthusiasm and documentation skills are essential in this home-based position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other subject with high statistical content and a minimum of 8 years industry SAS statistical programming experience.
• Database programming using SQL or experience with advanced statistical methods such as survival and regression
• Experience with real world healthcare data such as MarketScan, Optum, EMR, EHR, DRG, PharMetrics, and/or Medicare databases. Candidates who only have experience with smaller research type analytic data will not be considered.
• Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or other subject with high statistical content and a minimum of 4 years industry SAS statistical programming experience.
• Training or experience using the OMOP common data model
• Training or experience with Databricks, Spark SQL or Python
• Spotfire or Tableau developer experience
• Experience with FDA Sentinel System and Sentinel Common Data Model a plus
• Pharmaceutical industry experience
• Experience using ODBC (Open Database Connectivity)
• Oncology experience
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed