Remote, Direct-Hire opportunity with a leading medical technology company in the health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) discipline
This individual will conduct analyses and research to produce results and identify solutions to provide support for project analytics. Such support will include designing and creating charts, graphs, tables, and reports to support findings and develop recommendations as well as creating analytic data sets in standalone datasets or by linking multiple disparate data sources. The position will assist communication efforts lead by the senior statistical programmer to show the value proposition and evidence to achieve maximal commercial success of products throughout their life cycle. This will include providing summary tables and figures as well as ad hoc reporting as needed. The Statistical Programmer should have some knowledge of RWE/HEOR studies (which will also include payer analytics tools such as input to RCT & RWE design & analyses, meta-analyses ,predictive analytics, statistical comparisons and indirect and mixed treatment comparisons) and its application throughout development process as well as having at least intermediate programming skills in the SAS statistical programming language.
Purpose of Role
The Statistical Programmer will be responsible for supporting innovative research strategies and activities and to produce scientific evidence and support publications for our pharmaceutical clients.
Main Responsibilities / Critical tasks
- Provide support to the senior statistical programmer throughout the project life cycle
- Proactively address complex analytical issues. Handle unforeseen circumstances and actively monitor and apply new analytical techniques.
- Interact with cross-functional team members at a project level.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and accountable environment
- Serve as analytics support on projects and perform ad hoc requests as needed
- Ensure quality control is maintained and that project materials such as programming code, analytic files and SAS logs are properly archived
Skills & Knowledge
- Performs descriptive analyses as well as comparative analyses (e.g. chi square and t-tests)
- Works with the Senior Statistical programmer to identify and effectively uses internal and external data sources and literature references to support client projects
- Provide support to the Senior Statistical programmer to and Project Manager on research studies
- Assess data quality and completeness. Create queries for calculating metrics and benchmarks.
- Prepares HEOR data as background materials for discussion with pharmaceutical customers
- Perform analysis using predictive analytics
- Provide excellent customer service when delivering work on projects
Experience, Education & Certifications Preferred
- Master's Degree in any of the following fields: in Life Sciences, Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, or related and 1-2 years of industry experience
- An advanced level of knowledge of SAS and some experience working with R
- Experience with multiple healthcare data sources or working with large datasets in other industries
- Claims data experience 1+ yrs
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed