– 1 year renewable remote contract
The Senior Programmer is responsible for managing the inflow of a variety of healthcare claims and EMR databases, checking quality, developing specifications, transforming data to a common data model, and publishing data for use by statistical programmers, analysts and data scientists across the company.
The qualified candidate must also be able to provide reports, presentations and detailed explanations to epidemiologists, analysts and programmers and work in collaboration with both internal and external partners. Prior experience with large databases and data management methods are strongly desired, as well as experience with SQL, Python, SAS, and visualization tools such as Spotfire.
In addition to technical acuity, strong documentation, communication, and time management skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other subject with high statistical and programming content
- 3 years of SAS statistical programming experience
- 3 years of Python programming experience
- Database querying, transformation and quality control using SQL
- Experience with real world healthcare data, such as MarketScan, Optum, PharMetrics, Medicare and/or EMR databases
- Experience communicating with data vendors and holding vendors accountable on data quality and support inquiries
- Ability to work independently and on teams
- Is a self-starter who manages their own time
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or other subject with high statistical and programming content
- Experience with the Hadoop database platform and Impala or Hive SQL
- Experience with the Databricks programming environment (Spark, Python, R)
- Reporting and visualization with Spotfire
- Experience in software development & design life cycle, ideally using Agile methodology
- Pharmaceutical industry experience