Title: Senior Statistical Programmer
Real World Evidence / Health Economics & Outcomes Research
The Senior Statistical Programmer will be responsible for supporting innovative research strategies and activities and to produce scientific evidence and support publications for our pharmaceutical clients. This individual will conduct analyses and research to produce results and identify solutions to provide support for project analytics. Such support will include designing and creating charts, graphs, tables, and reports to support findings and develop recommendations as well as creating analytic data sets in standalone datasets or by linking multiple disparate data sources. The position will assist communication efforts lead by the project manager to show the value proposition and evidence to achieve maximal commercial success of products throughout their life cycle. This will include providing summary tables and figures as well as ad hoc reporting as needed.
The Senior Statistical Programmer should have a deep understanding of RWE/HEOR studies (which will also include payer analytics tools such as input to RCT & RWE design & analyses, meta-analyses, predictive analytics, statistical comparisons and indirect and mixed treatment comparisons) and its application throughout development process as well as having advanced level programming skills in the SAS statistical programming language.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and guidance on all analytic aspects of project work
- Provide support to lead scientists throughout the project life cycle
- Extensive knowledge of various healthcare datasets and data types including claims, EMR, etc.
- Provide mentoring and training to junior level staff
- Proactively address complex analytical issues. Handle unforeseen circumstances and actively monitor and apply new analytical techniques
- Provide support drafting materials for project related content as well as internal research
- Collaborate with medical writers and project managers to provide RWE input on manuscripts and other similar deliverables and review RWE -related publications for technical accuracy and quality of technical literature review
- Responsible for quality control of all analytic work including deliverables related to the project
- Interact with cross-functional team members at a project level.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and accountable environment
Experience, Competences, and Skills
- Performs descriptive analyses as well as comparative analyses (e.g. chi square and t-tests)
- Perform analysis using predictive analytics
- Some knowledge of machine learning techniques preferred
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills, including advanced statistical modeling and understanding SAS programming requirements to meet requirements tied to study designs
- Demonstrated ability to work in different types of datasets, analyze data tied to study designs, and interpret results in the context of peer reviewed publications
- Assess data quality and completeness. Create queries for calculating metrics and benchmarks.
- Serve as the internal primary point of contact for analytic requests, including creating analytic data sets and coordinating ad hoc analyses to address requests from clients or other team members
- Works independently with minimal oversite and works to adhere to timelines as defined by the internal teams
- Prepares HEOR data as background materials for discussion with pharmaceutical customers
- Provide excellent customer service when delivering work on projects