Remote, one year renewable contract with West Coast Pharma client. The senior statistical programmer position specializing in data visualization will be responsible for developing utilities, applications and reports using Spotfire to enable analysts to explore real world healthcare data assets. The programmer will interface with non-technical and technical people to gather requirements, present iterations of development, and write documentation. Candidates must have previous experience as a Spotfire developer, with SAS, R, SQL, and/or Python skills desired. Candidates must be comfortable with creating complex analysis data sets derived from various data sources with a careful eye for outliers and errors. Prior experience with large databases and observational research methods such as epidemiology and statistical methods is strongly desired. Experience in designing user interfaces, standard reporting packages, and analysis tools also highly desired.
Strong communication, time management, enthusiasm and documentation skills are essential in this home-based position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other subject with high statistical content
• Two years’ experience developing visualizations and dashboards in Spotfire
• Database programming using SQL
• Experience with real world healthcare data such as DRG, MarketScan, Optum, PharMetrics, Medicare and EMR databases * This is a plus to have not required
• Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or other subject with high statistical content
• 4+ years Spotfire developer experience
• 4+ years SAS statistical programming experience
• Training or experience using the OMOP common data model
• Training or experience with the Hadoop database platform and Impala or Hive SQL
• User interface design experience
• Experience in software development & design life cycle, ideally using Agile methodology
• Pharmaceutical industry experience